1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? I had a baby.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I always make resolutions. I tried to keep mine last year. Here are my new ones: a. Become a better Muslima (Always)
b. Return to school to continue working on my master’s degree
c.Continue to excercise and complete a half marathon in March
d. Get my driver’s license…..I think that’s plenty
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, myself and a few friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, alhumdollilah (Thank God)
5. What countries did you visit? No countries, not any new cities, really. I’ve been grounded.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A driver’s license, more time to myself. 7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 6th, the day my baby was born. 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth, fasting while nursing during Ramadan and starting to drive.
9. What was your biggest failure? Gossiping. Oh, that’s another resolution….Stop gossiping
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Does birth count?
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hmm…..new clothes…to replace maternity garb and those I lost to Katrina….call me superficial
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I dunno….I appreciate Keith Ellison for standing by his convictions…..
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Most of the politicians…..
14. Where did most of your money go? Towards Zakiyyah
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? “Twinke, Twinkle little star” it plays on almost ALL of Zakiyyah’s toys….
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner (whoohoo well I was very pregnant this time last year)
c) richer or poorer? Umm….richer, both spiritually and monetarily
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Volunteer work/giving to worthy cuases. I just don’t posses the extra $$ or time
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Talking….
20. How will you be spending Eid/Christmas/Hanukkah? Making turkey and spending time w/ family, inshallah
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? with my duaghter
23. What was your favorite TV program? Umm…I don’t really have a fave, but Gray’s Anatomy was good
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No
25. What was the best book you read? I havn’t had much time to read this year. I read a knitting book, and some Islamic books…
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I dunno
27. What did you want and get? A baby, some new clothes
28. What did you want and not get? My license, next year inshallah
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Only movie I saw in the Theater was Dream Girl’s. It was pretty good.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 23. Hubby bought me a TV for the bedroom. It came in handy when Zakiyyah was a new born. We went out to eat a few days before my actual birthday.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Hmm….can one thing make an entire year more satisfying??
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? I have no idea.
33. What kept you sane? Family, friends and prayer
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmm…fancy? I dunno….
36. Who did you miss? I missed family members who live far away
37. Who was the best new person you met? Lots of people
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Take things as they come.
39. What political issue irked you the most? The Imam in Autralia’s comments come to mind. But of course there is the Iraqi Civil war, even though Bush refuses to call it that.
Now I tag…..
UmmAbdurRahman (both you gals)